Immediate Opening. We are a not for profit Christian based extended day preschool that has been open for 37 years. We are an equal opportunity employer. For December, hours will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 – 1:30; January through June, hours will increase to 8:00 – 3:00. We are currently exploring the possibility of remaining open in the summer, which would be new for us. We offer professional development, paid holidays and vacations and personal/sick days.
CHILDREN’S ARK PRESCHOOL
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: TEACHER
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director to develop and implement a monthly curriculum program, gear the program to the needs and interest of the children with concern for any special needs or talents, individual styles and pace of learning.
- Assist the Director to plan for the evaluation of students in relation to their school progress, abilities and special needs. Assist in completing transitional forms for children attending Brockton Public Schools if necessary.
- Update the CAP web site and the CAP Facebook page on as needed basis. Updates may consist of artwork, pictures, information, and any other need that may arise. Major changes or updates may require Director’s approval.
- Work with volunteers, interns, and other staff members in a professional manner.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend professional development and training as per EEC regulations.
- Maintain accurate and current information in Professional Qualifications Registry on the EEC website.
- Any other tasks that may arise within reason.
- Conform to health, safety and licensing regulations.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the preschool and the Department of Early Education and Care at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect and maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Attend Open Houses, Parent Conferences, Family Night and Closing Program/Graduation.
- Create and implement an Individual Professional Development Plan as required by EEC.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Complete self-evaluation by March 15th of each year and submit to CAP Board of Directors.
- Make suggestions of equipment and supply purchases.
SPACE AND EQUIPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan for indoor and outdoor areas.
- Make sure all toys, equipment and furniture be kept clean and disinfected and inspected for safety.
COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the creation of public relations materials for events such as Summerfest, Park Day, and Towerfest.
- Attend and participate in a maximum of three events such as, but not limited to, Summerfest, Park Day, and Towerfest.
- Attend and participate in professional educational events.
- Attend and participate in fundraisers and events sponsored by the school, such as the Spaghetti Supper and Kaffe Stuga (church fair with the Preschool open for visitors).
TRANSITION TO FULL DAY SCHOOL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote new full day schedule with the current enrollment, and the recruitment of new students.
- Assist with training new staff, as applicable.
- Review and transfer educational materials to new staff.
- Perform any additional tasks that may arise per the direction of the Board of Directors, Children’s Ark Preschool, in connection to the transition to a full day preschool provided the tasks can be executed during the scope of time worked.